- USING ONLINE DISCUSSIONS--"Catcher in the What? Tenth Graders Discover Discussion Through an Online Forum": NCTE Convention Presentation (November 2007)
- Corey O'Brien: CHS English 10
- Designing Online Forums: Considerations and a Live Demo; Online discussion forums at http://piccle.ed.psu.edu/ (Pennsylvania State University, University Park) provide familiar discourse spaces for adolescents' conversations.
- Discussing literature and responding to peer writing in these digital spaces outside of the classroom expands students' thinking, social interaction, and audience and rhetorical awareness.
- Monday, February 4, 2008--NCTE National African American Read-In: Brainstorm ideas for English classes to support this CHS Literacy Committee initiative
- 08-09 SCHEDULING
Teacher Signature Days--January 28-30 (MTW only)
Criteria for English level recommendations--B average or higher for Honors and GT placement
- Thursday, January 10, 2008--8th Grade Parent Orientation Feedback
- Materials Recently Ordered--
MagnetSlates and magic magnet pens--Grade 10
Grades 11 & 12 Grammar Books--One class set per teacher
Ordinary People--Grade 12
Spoon River Anthology--Grade 11
Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close--Grade 11