English Department Agenda
Monday, February 8, 2010----Room 209 at 2:20 PM
- CHS Administrative Updates
- English HSA After-School Tutoring--Wednesdays (5 weeks) beginning April 14: SIP Objective: With administrative support, English 10 teachers will conduct after-school intervention classes as warranted for those students identified as needing additional support to improve their English and reading skills, based on the results of class performance and quarterly assessments.
- Responding to Student Writing: Where are we? Where are we going? How do we "deliver useful feedback, appropriate for the writer and the situation"? How do we "analyze writing situations for their most essential elements"? from "NCTE Beliefs about the Teaching of Writing" NCTE Writing Beliefs
- Data Conversation Team Meetings: *Please bring documents as needed.Teachers will meet in grade level teams to discuss 2nd quarter assessment results and implications for instruction. SIP Objective: English teachers of Grade 9, 10, and 11 classes will each meet quarterly as a team to analyze county assessment data and to collaborate effective strategies for differentiating instruction.
- Reminder: High School Professional Development Sessions--Thursday, February 11, 2010; LA Teachers, Grades 11 & 12; Centennial High School from 12:00 to 2:30 PM
- Open Agenda