Monday, March 15, 2010--Room 209 at 2:20 PM
"Beware the ides of March."
*Please plan to meet for one hour.
- CHS Administrative Updates
- Student Course Registration Review
- Course Placement Reviews due by March 31st
- TENTATIVE English Schedule 2010-2011
- Sadlier-Oxford replacement vocabulary books for 2010-2011
- Damaged books = $10.26 @ (includes tax)
- Obligation form (3 copies needed for front office at year's end)
- HoCoPoLitSo Promise and Achievement Awards--Nominations (2 Seniors)
- The Emily Davis Memorial Scholarship Award--Nominations
- English Department Award 2010--Nominations
- English HSA After-School Tutoring--Wednesdays (5 weeks) beginning April 14
- SIP Objective: With administrative support, English 10 teachers will conduct after-school intervention classes as warranted for those students identified as needing additional support to improve their English and reading skills, based on the results of class performance and quarterly assessments.
- Ideas/input for next year--
- Responding to Student Writing: Where are we? Where are we going? How do we "deliver useful feedback, appropriate for the writer and the situation"? How do we "analyze writing situations for their most essential elements"? from "NCTE Beliefs about the Teaching of Writing"
- NCTE Writing Beliefs
- Asian-American Literature Study Group--Ha Jin, Maxine Hong Kingston, Jhumpa Lahiri, Chang-rae Lee, Amy Tan, etc.
- Data Conversation Team Meetings: *Please bring documents as needed. Teachers will meet in grade level teams to discuss 2nd quarter assessment results and implications for instruction.
- SIP Objective: English teachers of Grade 9, 10, and 11 classes will each meet quarterly as a team to analyze county assessment data and to collaborate effective strategies for differentiating instruction.
- High School Professional Development Session
- "The Essay, The Forgotten Genre?"--Monday, April 19th; CHS English Department Meeting with Mary Teague--Grade 11 & 12 English Teachers; Room 209 from 2:20 to 3:20 PM
- Open Agenda